A KEY CONTRACT FOR VEOLIA
Some 250 million cubic meters of water are supplied every year through 8,800 km of pipes to more than 4.4 million people in 149 municipalities in the Greater Paris area. The service provided is also highly complex due to the quality of the available water resources, consisting of water from rivers, which requires very sophisticated treatment.
THE HIGHEST STANDARDS IN TECHNICAL,
SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY
The service uses a single control center, the ServO, which is tasked with optimizing production, network maintenance, emergency call-outs, customer service management and risk management. Considerable efforts to reduce energy consumption, manage emissions and discharge, and pursue an ambitious reforestation program have delivered a carbon-neutral service, a world first for a water utility.
Water traceability is based on the model used in the food & beverage industry, guaranteeing consumers continuous control over the sanitary quality of their water. Third-generation meter reading technology, Téléo, will be deployed by 2015, and already provides precise monitoring of consumption for half of the people who use the service, along with easy leak detection. Customer relations have also been improved through services adapted to different types of user and close consultation with the public.
"WATER FOR ALL": A SOCIAL INITIATIVE TO FACILITATE ACCESS TO WATER
Veolia also offered SEDIF a comprehensive, affordable program for all local residents, including people who have not signed up for the service. The initiative is designed to provide emergency aid to pay bills and charges related to the water service, along with assistance in coping with difficult situations – such as squats, housing rehabilitation projects and substandard joint properties – and prevention measures in partnership with local associations to raise people's awareness with regard to using water more efficiently and managing bills.
Every year, Veolia devotes 1% of revenues from water sales to outreach initiatives for people in the region covered by SEDIF. This will represent a commitment of €25 million over the term of the contract.
- 560,319 subscribers for the first water service to receive the “Customer Relations Center” NF Service mark from French standards organization AFNOR Certification
- High-quality service for all residents
- Social innovation
- Water treatment: production, operation and maintenance
- Water conveyance: distribution, operation and maintenance
- Customer relations: customer relations and multi-channel management, management of customer accounts, metering
- Data management and smart services: real-time infrastructure monitoring, work scheduling, dynamic asset management, remote metering, leak alerts
- Human capital and management: personnel management, vocational training
- Awareness raising: water-access program, social tariffs, assistance, dialogue with stakeholders, campaign to improve water use
€1.91 million devoted to
5,838 families received
aid in 2013