This technology facilitates the recovery, valorisation and reuse of phosphorus contained in effluents produced from industrial sites and wastewater. Veolia’s solutions are differentiated from the traditional phosphorus removal technologies by using the flocculating agent that helps industries and municipalities to turn a cost into a benefit.
1. HAP method（Hydroxyapatite crystalization method: calcium phosphate）
Recovering phosphoric acid in the wastewater by adding calcium salt (Ca) to promote crystallization reaction to solidify the phosphoric acid as HAP crystals.
- High purity HAP crystals generated can be used as fertilizer
- Economical solution with low price chemicals for solidification
- Crystallization tank is easy to operate using the continuous high concentration slurry system
2. MAP Method (struvite crystallization method: phosphoric acid, magnesium, and ammonium)
MAP crystal can be generated and separated from phosphoric acid, ammonium, and magnesium
- Mg＋NH4＋PO4 → MgNH4PO4 (MAP: Struvite)
- Recovered MAP crystal contains Phosphorus (P) and Nitrogen (N) and can be used as fertilizer
- Crystallization tank is used in the same system as HAP method
3. Phostrip Process Phosphorus removal and recovery system
- Viable for wastewater containing low concentration of phosphoric acid
- Deployable to the existing biological treatment (activated sludge process etc.) as a sidestream system
- Purified phosphoric acid solution can be obtained through concentration of phosphoric acid with microorganisms and separation membrane
- HAP crystal can be obtained through phosphoric acid solution combined with calcium (Ca)
- Solidified HAP crystal is easy to treat and can be used for the fertilization process.