After having invented the high-carbon economy that alters the climate of our planet, will man be up to the task of « disinventing » it ? And will he manage to stabilize the increase in temperature within 2°C ? That is the major challenge of COP21, the United Nations’ Conference on climate change to be held in Paris at the end of 2015.
Climate change is everyone's challenge. Citizens, associations and NGOs, media as well as companies of course, aware of the role they might play for an ambitious agreement to be signed in December.
Veolia, global leader in optimized resource management, will of course be involved in all the events related to this international conference, but also in the different stages leading up to it. This has already begun, especially with the speech of Antoine Frérot at the United Nations last September at the Climate Summit, and also with our strong participation at COP20 in Lima last year.
- 18th-24th May 2015: Climate week in Paris (organized by the Climate Group)
-19th May: « Road to Paris » WBCSD, IEA
-20th May: « Mind the gap, mind the sciences » organized by CDP, WRI, WWF, UN Global Compact
-20th-21st May: Business & Climate Summit at the Unesco, Paris22nd May: Climate Finance Day, called « Shifting trillions », organized by Paris Europlace, CDP, BEI
- 30th May – 5th June: European Sustainable Development Week, with a strong focus on climate
- 1st-2nd July: World Climate and Regions Forum in Lyon, organized by the Rhône-Alpes region
- 15th-22th September: UN General Assembly in NYC, on the approval of « 2020 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) »
- 17th-19th September: World Convergences Forum in Paris, focus on climate
- 30th November – 11th December: COP21 in Le Bourget4th-11th December: « COP21 Solutions » exhibition at the Grand Palais
To know more